- 1 Is Sierra Vista AZ a good place to live?
- 2 Is Sierra Vista safe to live?
- 3 Is Sierra Vista AZ a good place to retire?
- 4 What is Sierra Vista known for?
- 5 What is the hottest month in Sierra Vista Arizona?
- 6 Where should I live in Sierra Vista?
- 7 How far is Sierra Vista from Mexico border?
- 8 Is it always windy in Sierra Vista?
- 9 What is there to do in Sierra Vista today?
- 10 What is the cheapest place to live in Arizona?
- 11 What does Sierra Vista mean in Spanish?
Is Sierra Vista AZ a good place to live?
Sierra Vista is in Cochise County and is one of the best places to live in Arizona. Living in Sierra Vista offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Sierra Vista there are a lot of parks. The public schools in Sierra Vista are above average.
Is Sierra Vista safe to live?
Sierra Vista is in the 8th percentile for safety, meaning 92% of cities are safer and 8% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Sierra Vista is 72.09 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Sierra Vista generally consider the northeast part of the city to be the safest.
Is Sierra Vista AZ a good place to retire?
Sierra Vista, AZ, has been selected as a top retirement destination in the sixth edition of “America’s 100 Best Places to Retire,” a comprehensive guidebook of the country’s most appealing retirement towns. “The extraordinary views and mountain topography make Sierra Vista stand out as a unique Arizona community.”
What is Sierra Vista known for?
Surrounded by towering 10,000-foot mountains and known as the “Humming Bird Capital of the U.S.,” Sierra Vista is primed for outdoor exploration. Sierra Vista’s climate and southern location make it a major stop for rare birds.
What is the hottest month in Sierra Vista Arizona?
Sierra Vista has dry periods in February, March, April, May, June and November. The warmest month is June with an average maximum temperature of 37°C (100°F). The coldest month is December with an average maximum temperature of 18°C (64°F). August is the most wet month.
Where should I live in Sierra Vista?
Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ
- Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ.
- City: 7.3mi / 11.7km away.
- Population: 15,768.
- The best areas in Sierra Vista, AZ are Brown’s Canyon Ranch, the Garden Canyon and the Presidio of Santa Cruz de Terrenante. These are some astonishing places to visit and have spectacular views. There…[read more]
How far is Sierra Vista from Mexico border?
Sierra Vista’s southern boundary is about nine miles from the Mexican border, and another 15 miles from the Sonoran town of Naco, Mueller said.
Is it always windy in Sierra Vista?
The predominant average hourly wind direction in Sierra Vista varies throughout the year. The wind is most often from the west for 6.6 months, from February 3 to August 22, with a peak percentage of 54% on June 8.
What is there to do in Sierra Vista today?
15 Best Things to Do in Sierra Vista (AZ)
- Coronado National Forest. Source: Danette C / shutterstock Coronado National Forest.
- Fort Huachuca Base and Museum.
- Farmer’s Market.
- Our Lady of the Sierras Shrine.
- San Pedro Riparian National Conservation Area.
- Murray Spring Clovis Site.
- Brown Canyon Ranch.
- Ramsey Canyon Preserve.
What is the cheapest place to live in Arizona?
The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Arizona
- Oro Valley. Oro Valley is a suburb located 6 miles from Tucson and 110 miles from the state capital Phoenix.
- Gilbert. Gilbert comes in at number 40 on WalletHub’s list of cities with the best “wallet fitness” factor in the entire country.
What does Sierra Vista mean in Spanish?
Known as “The Hummingbird Capital of the United States”, Sierra Vista means ” Mountain Range View ” in Spanish, given to it for its proximity to the Huachuca Mountains.