- 1 How did Buena Vista County Iowa get its name?
- 2 What is Buena Vista known for?
- 3 What is it like to live in Buena Vista CO?
- 4 What county is Pocahontas IA in?
- 5 What is there to do in Buena Vista in the winter?
- 6 What is there to do in Buena Vista today?
- 7 How safe is Buena Vista?
- 8 Is Salida Colorado a good place to live?
How did Buena Vista County Iowa get its name?
The Buena Vista County story is one of great variety and change since its organization in November 1858. Buena Vista County, which was named after the final victory field of General Taylor in the Mexican War and when translated from its Spanish origin means “beautiful view”, is located in northwest Iowa.
What is Buena Vista known for?
Buena Vista is renowned for its Collegiate Peaks Wilderness Area, much of which lies within the San Isabel National Forest. Flowing through Buena Vista is the Arkansas River, Colorado’s #1 rafted river. Surrounding the Arkansas River is Browns Canyon with its beautiful granite walls that tower over the river.
What is it like to live in Buena Vista CO?
Living in Buena Vista offers residents a rural feel and most residents own their homes. In Buena Vista there are a lot of bars, restaurants, and coffee shops. Many young professionals live in Buena Vista and residents tend to lean conservative.
What county is Pocahontas IA in?
In fact, Buena Vista is one of the best places in the world to go for some thrill-seeking rapids, and it’s just a little more than 2 hours away from Denver. From beginner and family-friendly floats to more challenging sections, the Arkansas River here’s got something for everyone.
What is there to do in Buena Vista in the winter?
Experience Epic Buena Vista with These Winter Activities
- Snowmobiling. If you’re ready for some action, consider speeding through powder on a snowmobiling adventure in the Colorado Rockies.
- Cross Country Skiing. You don’t have to be an expert to try Cross Country skiing.
What is there to do in Buena Vista today?
19 Best Things To Do in Buena Vista, Colorado
- Buena Vista Heritage Museum.
- Buena Vista Whitewater Park.
- Collegiate Peaks Scenic and Historic Byway.
- Cottonwood Hot Springs, Buena Vista, Colorado.
- House Rock Kitchen, Buena Vista, Colorado.
- Mount Princeton Hot Springs, Buena Vista, Colorado.
How safe is Buena Vista?
According to NeighborhoodScout’s analysis of FBI crime statistics, Buena Vista is safer than 67% of the cities and towns in the US of all population sizes. In Colorado, only on the order of 30% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Buena Vista.
Is Salida Colorado a good place to live?
Salida, a mountain town in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, has been named the ‘ Best Unsung Mountain Town ‘ by Outside Magazine in 2017, one of the “20 Game-Changing Places to Live” by Sunset Magazine, one of “America’s Coolest Town’s for Outdoor Adventure” by the Matador Network and one of Vogue’s “9 U.S. Destination