- 1 Is Sierra Vista in Santa Cruz County?
- 2 Where is Cochise County?
- 3 What does Sierra Vista mean in Spanish?
- 4 How far is Sierra Vista from the Mexico border?
- 5 Where should I live in Sierra Vista AZ?
- 6 What is Sierra Vista known for?
- 7 Is Cochise County Democratic or Republican?
- 8 Is Cochise County Safe?
- 9 Is Cochise Arizona a safe place to live?
- 10 What is the richest city in Arizona?
- 11 What is the hottest month in Sierra Vista Arizona?
Is Sierra Vista in Santa Cruz County?
Although Bisbee serves as the county seat, Sierra Vista is by far the largest city in Cochise County and the hub of commercial, healthcare, and educational resources. The Arizona “border town” of Nogales serves as the county seat and business center of Santa Cruz County.
Where is Cochise County?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Sierra Vista is 1 in 39. Based on FBI crime data, Sierra Vista is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Arizona, Sierra Vista has a crime rate that is higher than 66% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What does Sierra Vista mean in Spanish?
Known as “The Hummingbird Capital of the United States”, Sierra Vista means ” Mountain Range View ” in Spanish, given to it for its proximity to the Huachuca Mountains.
How far is Sierra Vista from the Mexico border?
Sierra Vista’s southern boundary is about nine miles from the Mexican border, and another 15 miles from the Sonoran town of Naco, Mueller said.
Where should I live in Sierra Vista AZ?
Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ
- Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ.
- City: 7.3mi / 11.7km away.
- Population: 15,768.
- The best areas in Sierra Vista, AZ are Brown’s Canyon Ranch, the Garden Canyon and the Presidio of Santa Cruz de Terrenante. These are some astonishing places to visit and have spectacular views. There…[read more]
What is Sierra Vista known for?
Surrounded by towering 10,000-foot mountains and known as the “Humming Bird Capital of the U.S.,” Sierra Vista is primed for outdoor exploration. Sierra Vista’s climate and southern location make it a major stop for rare birds.
Is Cochise County Democratic or Republican?
Cochise County leans strongly towards the Republican Party in presidential elections. Although Bill Clinton carried the county narrowly in 1992, it has supported the Republican nominee by large margins in every other election since 1968, except for 1996 and 1976 when Clinton and Jimmy Carter each lost only narrowly.
Is Cochise County Safe?
Compared to California’s two border counties, Cochise County falls in the middle in both violent and property crime. The Imperial County Sheriff’s Office reported a per capita violent crime rate of 581 per 100,000 residents in 2014, down from 704 in 2010.
Is Cochise Arizona a safe place to live?
Cochise is in the 17th percentile for safety, meaning 83% of cities are safer and 17% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Cochise’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Cochise is 48.40 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is the richest city in Arizona?
1) Paradise Valley Nestled in Maricopa County, Paradise Valley is the richest city in Arizona (and one of the richest in the country).
What is the hottest month in Sierra Vista Arizona?
Sierra Vista has dry periods in February, March, April, May, June and November. The warmest month is June with an average maximum temperature of 37°C (100°F). The coldest month is December with an average maximum temperature of 18°C (64°F). August is the most wet month.