- 1 In what county is Tucker Georgia?
- 2 What is Tucker GA known for?
- 3 Who is Tucker Georgia named after?
- 4 Is Tucker Georgia Safe?
- 5 What is in Tucker GA?
- 6 Is Tucker GA a nice place to live?
- 7 What it like to live in Decatur GA?
- 8 Is Tucker considered Atlanta?
- 9 What is the sales tax in DeKalb County GA?
- 10 What county is Stone Mountain?
In what county is Tucker Georgia?
Tucker is located in northeastern DeKalb County, situated between the City of Stone Mountain to the south, Gwinnett County to the north and Interstate 285 to the west.
What is Tucker GA known for?
Tucker is the home of Discover DeKalb, which markets and promotes all of DeKalb’s attractions to visitors. The Tucker Farmers Market brings together area farmers and artisans to offer their fresh produce and creative arts and crafts to the community.
Who is Tucker Georgia named after?
In the early 1800s a tall young man from Scotland named Greenville Henderson made his way from the battles of the Indian Wars to his Georgia home. As a reward for his valiant services, the governor of Georgia gave Henderson 3,000 acres of land in what is now known as the Tucker area.
Is Tucker Georgia Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Tucker is 1 in 40. Based on FBI crime data, Tucker is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Georgia, Tucker has a crime rate that is higher than 67% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is in Tucker GA?
Best Things To Do in Tucker, GA
- Stone Mountain Park. 5.5 mi. 844 reviews.
- Your Dekalb Farmers Market. 5.1 mi. 1267 reviews.
- ATL Cruzers. 11.5 mi. 106 reviews.
- Tucker Brewing Company. 1.0 mi. 74 reviews.
- Henderson Park. 1.2 mi.
- Buford Highway Farmers Market. 4.8 mi.
- My Parents’ Basement. 5.9 mi.
- Atlanta International Night Market. 5.8 mi.
Is Tucker GA a nice place to live?
Tucker is in DeKalb County and is one of the best places to live in Georgia. In Tucker, most residents own their homes. In Tucker there are a lot of parks. Many families live in Tucker and residents tend to lean liberal.
What it like to live in Decatur GA?
Living in Decatur offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents own their homes. In Decatur there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Decatur and residents tend to lean liberal. The public schools in Decatur are highly rated.
Is Tucker considered Atlanta?
Tucker, Georgia is a family-friendly suburb of Atlanta that lies just outside the northeastern tip of the perimeter. This unincorporated part of DeKalb County, located about 15 miles from Atlanta’s downtown, has about 28,000 residents.
What is the sales tax in DeKalb County GA?
Dekalb County, Georgia sales tax rate details The minimum combined 2021 sales tax rate for Dekalb County, Georgia is 8%. This is the total of state and county sales tax rates. The Georgia state sales tax rate is currently 4%. The Dekalb County sales tax rate is 3%.
What county is Stone Mountain?