- 1 What is the closest city to Carlsbad New Mexico?
- 2 Is Carlsbad NM safe?
- 3 What is Carlsbad NM known for?
- 4 How far is Carlsbad New Mexico from the Mexico border?
- 5 What towns are near Carlsbad NM?
- 6 What city is closest to Carlsbad Caverns?
- 7 How cold does it get in Carlsbad NM?
- 8 What is the main industry in Carlsbad NM?
- 9 What is there to do in Carlsbad NM today?
- 10 Does Carlsbad NM get snow?
- 11 Is Carlsbad New Mexico Nice?
- 12 What is the closest major airport to Carlsbad NM?
- 13 Is Carlsbad Caverns worth seeing?
What is the closest city to Carlsbad New Mexico?
The distance from Carlsbad to the nearest city Hobbs is 69.7 miles or 112.1 kilometers away. The nearest town Carlsbad North is 2.6 miles or 4.2 kilometers away. 3 major cities are near Carlsbad; Albuquerque being the closest is 273.8 miles or 440.7 kilometers away.
Is Carlsbad NM safe?
Carlsbad is in the 11th percentile for safety, meaning 89% of cities are safer and 11% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Carlsbad’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Carlsbad is 60.14 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is Carlsbad NM known for?
Carlsbad, NM—known as the Pride of the Pecos—is most famous for Carlsbad Caverns National Park. But the city also boasts an interesting history, as well as a wide array of art and cultural attractions. With a temperate climate and 350 plus days of sunshine a year, any time of year is perfect to come explore.
How far is Carlsbad New Mexico from the Mexico border?
166 miles / 267 km.
What towns are near Carlsbad NM?
Cities & Towns
- Whites City, New Mexico: 16 miles southwest.
- Roswell, New Mexico: 76 miles north.
- Hobbs, New Mexico: 70 miles east.
- El Paso, Texas: 165 west.
- Van Horn, Texas: 122 miles south.
What city is closest to Carlsbad Caverns?
To access Carlsbad Caverns National Park’s only entrance road, Carlsbad Caverns Highway, turn north from US Hwy 62/180 at White’s City, New Mexico —20 miles (32 km) southwest of Carlsbad, New Mexico and 145 miles (233 km) northeast of El Paso, Texas.
How cold does it get in Carlsbad NM?
In Carlsbad, the summers are hot; the winters are short, cold, dry, and windy; and it is mostly clear year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 31°F to 97°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 105°F.
What is the main industry in Carlsbad NM?
The largest industries in Carlsbad, NM are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction (1,951 people), Health Care & Social Assistance (1,639 people), and Retail Trade (1,592 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($73,194), Wholesale Trade ($71,731), and Utilities ($
What is there to do in Carlsbad NM today?
Attractions in Carlsbad
- CARLSBAD CAVERNS NATIONAL PARK.
- GUADALUPE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK.
- LIVING DESERT ZOO AND GARDENS STATE PARK.
- LINCOLN NATIONAL FOREST.
- CHRISTMAS ON THE PECOS.
- BRANTLEY LAKE STATE PARK.
- HISTORICAL SITES.
- Heritage Inn.
Does Carlsbad NM get snow?
Carlsbad averages 5 inches of snow per year.
Is Carlsbad New Mexico Nice?
Carlsbad is a city in and the county seat of Eddy County, New Mexico. Carlsbad is located in the Chihuahuan Desert on the beautiful Pecos River at an elevation of 3,295 feet. Great schools, low crime and a friendly, small-town atmosphere also make Carlsbad a great place to live!
What is the closest major airport to Carlsbad NM?
The closest major airport to Carlsbad is El Paso International Airport at 145 miles west of the park.
Is Carlsbad Caverns worth seeing?
Carlsbad Caverns is amazing. I haven’t been to a whole lot of cave sites, but it’s the best I’ve seen. There’s a reason people drive out there at all. But it’s not really close to White Sands, which is about a 4 hour drive west.