- 1 What is the closest major airport to Carlsbad NM?
- 2 Where do you fly into to go to Carlsbad Caverns?
- 3 What airports are near NM?
- 4 What airports are near Clovis NM?
- 5 How far is Carlsbad New Mexico from the Mexican border?
- 6 What is the best time of year to visit Carlsbad Caverns?
- 7 How long does it take to walk through the Carlsbad Caverns?
- 8 How much does it cost to go to Carlsbad Caverns?
- 9 What is the closest city to Carlsbad Caverns?
- 10 How far is Santa Fe from Albuquerque?
- 11 Is there a train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe?
- 12 What is the largest airport in New Mexico?
- 13 Does Clovis have an airport?
What is the closest major airport to Carlsbad NM?
The closest major airport to Carlsbad is El Paso International Airport at 145 miles west of the park.
Where do you fly into to go to Carlsbad Caverns?
The Nearest Airport — Air travelers can fly to Cavern City Air Terminal (tel. 575/887-3060), at the south edge of the city of Carlsbad, which has commercial service from Albuquerque on New Mexico Airlines (tel. 888/564-6119; www.flynma.com), plus Enterprise car rentals.
What airports are near NM?
The airports in New Mexico are Albuquerque International Sunport in Albuquerque and the Roswell International Air Center in Roswell. Apart from these airports in New Mexico, Las Cruces International Airport in Las Cruces is a general aviation airport.
What airports are near Clovis NM?
Airports near Clovis Municipal Airport
- Clovis Municipal Airport (CVN)
- Rick Husband Amarillo Intl. Airport (AMA)
- Preston Smith Intl.
- Industrial Air Center Airport (ROW)
- Lea County Regional Airport (HOB)
- Sierra Blanca Regional Airport (RUI)
- Cavern City Air Terminal Airport (CNM)
- Santa Fe Municipal Airport (SAF)
How far is Carlsbad New Mexico from the Mexican border?
Hotels and motels in Carlsbad, NM Carlsbad is located in the southeast corner of New Mexico, about 25 miles north of the Texas border. It is serviced by two highways: U.S. 285 traveling north and south, and U.S. 62/180 traveling east and west.
What is the best time of year to visit Carlsbad Caverns?
The best time of year to visit Carlsbad Caverns National Park is winter, spring or fall. Summers tend to be sweltering hot, with temperatures around 100+ degrees being the norm, and later in the summer, afternoon rains downpour across the desert.
How long does it take to walk through the Carlsbad Caverns?
The 1.25 mile (2 km) Natural Entrance Trail is extremely steep. Depending on if you decide to hike up or down, you gain or lose about 750 feet (229 m)—equivalent to walking up or down a 75-story building. The hike takes about one hour (on average) to complete.
How much does it cost to go to Carlsbad Caverns?
A general admission ticket is required for anyone entering Carlsbad Cavern. Adults 16 years and older are $15, children 15 and younger are free. There are additional fees for guided tours.
What is the closest city to Carlsbad Caverns?
To access Carlsbad Caverns National Park’s only entrance road, Carlsbad Caverns Highway, turn north from US Hwy 62/180 at White’s City, New Mexico —20 miles (32 km) southwest of Carlsbad, New Mexico and 145 miles (233 km) northeast of El Paso, Texas.
How far is Santa Fe from Albuquerque?
Driving from Albuquerque to Santa Fe (or vice versa) On the interstate, Albuquerque to Santa Fe is just 65 miles, or about an hour’s drive.
Is there a train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe?
The New Mexico Rail Runner Express is the only train that offers quick, easy service from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, the capital of New Mexico. The train, which also makes stops throughout Albuquerque’s metro, zips through ancient Pueblo lands with stunning scenic views on its way to historic Santa Fe.
What is the largest airport in New Mexico?
The Albuquerque International Sunport, known for its distinct southwestern architecture and cultural décor, is New Mexico’s largest commercial airport, welcoming over 5 million passengers each year.
Does Clovis have an airport?
Clovis Regional Airport (CVN) is located six miles east of Clovis on State Highway 523. Industries served by CVN include agriculture, local general aviation and pilots, air ambulance, corporate air travel, and passenger service by Denver Air Connection.