- 1 What is the closest city to Carlsbad New Mexico?
- 2 How far is Carlsbad New Mexico from the Mexico border?
- 3 What is Carlsbad NM known for?
- 4 Is Carlsbad New Mexico a good place to live?
- 5 What towns are near Carlsbad NM?
- 6 What city is closest to Carlsbad Caverns?
- 7 Is Carlsbad New Mexico safe?
- 8 How cold does it get in Carlsbad NM?
- 9 What is there to do in Carlsbad NM today?
- 10 What is the main industry in Carlsbad NM?
- 11 What is the crime rate in Carlsbad New Mexico?
- 12 Does Carlsbad NM get snow?
What is the closest city to Carlsbad New Mexico?
The distance from Carlsbad to the nearest city Hobbs is 69.7 miles or 112.1 kilometers away. The nearest town Carlsbad North is 2.6 miles or 4.2 kilometers away. 3 major cities are near Carlsbad; Albuquerque being the closest is 273.8 miles or 440.7 kilometers away.
How far is Carlsbad New Mexico from the Mexico border?
166 miles / 267 km.
What is Carlsbad NM known for?
Carlsbad, NM—known as the Pride of the Pecos—is most famous for Carlsbad Caverns National Park. But the city also boasts an interesting history, as well as a wide array of art and cultural attractions. With a temperate climate and 350 plus days of sunshine a year, any time of year is perfect to come explore.
Is Carlsbad New Mexico a good place to live?
Carlsbad has a crime rate of 83%, higher than any other city in the state. This town is a waste of space that’s just waiting to become a ghost town. What u Luke most about Carlsbad would have to be that it is a small town and everyone knows each other. Carlsbad is a small town but sure is a good place to live at.
What towns are near Carlsbad NM?
Cities & Towns
- Whites City, New Mexico: 16 miles southwest.
- Roswell, New Mexico: 76 miles north.
- Hobbs, New Mexico: 70 miles east.
- El Paso, Texas: 165 west.
- Van Horn, Texas: 122 miles south.
What city is closest to Carlsbad Caverns?
To access Carlsbad Caverns National Park’s only entrance road, Carlsbad Caverns Highway, turn north from US Hwy 62/180 at White’s City, New Mexico —20 miles (32 km) southwest of Carlsbad, New Mexico and 145 miles (233 km) northeast of El Paso, Texas.
Is Carlsbad New Mexico safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Carlsbad is 1 in 32. Based on FBI crime data, Carlsbad is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to New Mexico, Carlsbad has a crime rate that is higher than 82% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How cold does it get in Carlsbad NM?
In Carlsbad, the summers are hot; the winters are short, cold, dry, and windy; and it is mostly clear year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 31°F to 97°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 105°F.
What is there to do in Carlsbad NM today?
Attractions in Carlsbad
- CARLSBAD CAVERNS NATIONAL PARK.
- GUADALUPE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK.
- LIVING DESERT ZOO AND GARDENS STATE PARK.
- LINCOLN NATIONAL FOREST.
- CHRISTMAS ON THE PECOS.
- BRANTLEY LAKE STATE PARK.
- HISTORICAL SITES.
- Heritage Inn.
What is the main industry in Carlsbad NM?
The largest industries in Carlsbad, NM are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction (1,951 people), Health Care & Social Assistance (1,639 people), and Retail Trade (1,592 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($73,194), Wholesale Trade ($71,731), and Utilities ($
What is the crime rate in Carlsbad New Mexico?
The Carlsbad NM crime rate for 2018 was 507.58 per 100,000 population, a 6.58% increase from 2017. The Carlsbad NM crime rate for 2017 was 476.24 per 100,000 population, a 5.77% increase from 2016. The Carlsbad NM crime rate for 2016 was 450.27 per 100,000 population, a 20.03% decline from 2015.
Does Carlsbad NM get snow?
Carlsbad averages 5 inches of snow per year.